Taking on new a leadership role can be challenging. That’s because of unclear expectations, unknown work processes and unfamiliar relationships. Most leaders need to deal with these challenges when we lead change in our home countries and cultures. Most expat leaders in Japan face the extra challenge of doing all this while at the same time navigating a significantly different culture and doing it in a language they do not speak fluently.
Understanding common cultural differences that can affect your job performance in Japan and learning how to bridge cultural gaps for communicating better with Japanese colleagues at all levels of the organization can make a meaningful difference in your work effectiveness and satisfaction.
What’s Unique About This Workshop
- It’s tailored to your needs: through a simple pre-workshop survey, you can request what relevant topics you would like to be included in group discussions¹.
- Thoroughly understand how your personal cultural compares with Japan’s through Global Aperian’s GlobeSmart Profile. You will complete this cultural assessment as a pre-workshop assignment.
- The workshop focuses on using dialogue to help you take positive action in the real world – not on abstract or academic concepts and models.
- You receive two telephone coaching sessions after the workshop at no additional charge.
What You’ll Learn
- How Japanese culture and business customs affect work habits and expectations of many Japanese
- How to understand and work with cultural differences without judgment
- Real-world, practical tips for working effectively with your Japanese colleagues, direct reports or supervisors
Who Should Attend
- Experienced non-Japanese leaders who are based in Japan
- Non-Japanese leaders who lead Japanese team members
- Non-Japanese leaders who have internal Japanese stakeholders or report to a Japanese supervisor
People Focus Consulting
Michael is an English/Japanese bilingual consultant and trainer who has more than 20 years of global management and leadership experience in commercial, functional and HR roles for companies including Morgan Stanley and Dell. He works with his clients’ leaders in 12 countries across four continents.
Date & Time
Friday, July 10
Friday, November 6
*Program time: 13:00 – 17:30
(Reception opens at 12:30)
This session will be held via Zoom
*Access URL will be provided after your enrollment.
Number of entry
Maximum 10 people
*Minimum enrollment is 3 people.
JPY 48,000 (excl. tax)
*Workbook is included
Please register from the Web Form.
*Registration has been closed.
People Focus Consulting Co., Ltd.