University 4th Yr students wanted for a
Working Across Cultures Discussion
a workshop for students and Japanese expat professionals to discuss cross-cultural working challenges
The workshop is an opportunity for Japanese business managers and Thai students to meet and discuss the following topics:
– Key success factors to work in Japanese and/or Foreign Companies
– Concerns and challenges to work abroad
– Perceptions and misunderstandings about Japanese and Thai culture
– How to manage and develop one’s career
< Date and Time>
Workshop: July 13 (Thursday), 15:30 – 17:00
Pre-work meeting: July 7 ( Friday), 15:00 – 15:30 (Both Workshop and Pre-work meeting to be required for you to join. At Pre-work meeting, students will be advised discussion topics. Based on this information, students shall draft answers to Japanese business managers and also questions to ask them.)
Note: participants will be selected based on the information/comments of registration.
Radisson Blu Plaza Bangkok
489 Sukhumvit Road, Klongtoey Nua, Wattana, Bangkok, Thailand 10110
*for both workshop and preparation meeting
Who can join the workshop:
– Exclusive opportunity for 4th grade student of Chulalongkorn University. Students will be provided THB1,000 as a gratuity for their time and travel expenses
– Students who have strong interest about career opportunities in Japanese corporations and organizations and/or Japan.
July 13 (Thur)
・Welcome and introduction
・Case study – Ms. A’s career story
1. From your perspective, Japanese companies strengths and weaknesses
2. 3 keys to choose a workplace
3. Your potential challenges to work with Japanese and other foreigners
4. The most challenging aspects of Japanese culture
<Registration and Questions>
For registration :Go to the Web form below to register or scan QR code below
For questions:Email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or
TEL: +66 6 1380 0798 (Thai)
<Sponsor and Organizer>
People Focus Consulting
Le Grand Harajuku, 3-12-8 Sendagaya Shibuya, Tokyo 151-0051
Siam S & Grace Co., Ltd.
1108/31 Sukhumvit Road, Phrakanong, Klongtoey, Bangkok 10110
Change Works Co., Ltd.
7 Krungthepkrita Road, Soi 7 Bangkapi, Bangkok. 10240
People Focus Consulting: About Us
・Established in 1994 as a human resources and organizational development consulting firm. PFC has served 50 of the Top 100 Japanese companies.
・Served clients including Fortune 500 global companies such as Japan L’Oreal, Japan Oracle, 3M Japan in their globalization efforts.
・Global network including PFC Asia Pacific and partners in more than 10 countries.
・Proud partners with other HR consulting firms including Ken Blanchard（Situational Leadership II）